Seetella Makhetha has been involved in:
- Design and implementation of appropriate water supply and sanitation projects in South Africa, Lesotho and other African countries.
- Appropriate water supply projects and bulk water projects in the Northwest Province
- Research on appropriate sanitation
- Design and project management of the Coega Zone 2 Sewerage and Water and Sanitation for Coega Zone 5.
- Policy work for both the national and some provincial governments on RDP projects
- Evaluation and monitoring of Independent Development Trust Capital Subsidy Scheme projects and the Presidential Lead Projects
- Team-work with the World Bank-financed Urban Sanitation Improvement Team
- Management of a water abstraction, treatment and distribution system as Senior 9. Water Engineer in Maseru, Lesotho.
- Programme management of Sanitation projects in Kwazulu-Natal under BOTT Programme
- Cluster Manager for the National Bucket Eradication Project in the Eastern Cape and Western Cape.
Published a number of papers on Sanitation in developing areas and presented a number of papers for local and international conferences such as World Water conferences in London (1986) and Kyoto (2013). Also presented a number of papers at WEDC conferences in a number of countries in Africa.
2011 PRESIDENT OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN INSTITUTION OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
2017 ELECTED HONOURARY FELLOW OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN INSTITUTION OF CIVIL ENGINEERING.